share with your network
· Chief officer or ex-Master Mariner with 3 years relevant working experience.
· Have interest in meeting people, understand their culture and way of working.
· Possess the basics knowledge of loading, unloading and transportation of all kinds of cargo on seagoing ships.
· Capable and willing to conduct search for other suppliers, stevedores, agents, etc. to negotiate for competitive rates
· Collate and compile all information from different sources into a report/spreadsheet to provide insights and understanding of all data which will assist in the making management decisions
· Service-oriented and positive team player.
· Must be physically fit to visit our ships at anchorage or ports in South-East Asia
· Must be accustomed to the usual working hours in the shipping industry.
· Must be able to work independently after an introductory period of 3 months.
· Must be board minded in new cargo handling methods in the ports and able to distinguish the difference of a secure from insecure methods/approach
· Excellent in communication (both written and spoken), organizational skills including IT skills.
· Fluency in English essential
· Basics of local languages would be helpful
Please submit your application using the form below or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Oldendorff Carriers
does not accept paper applications for online postings.