share with your network
The purpose of this position is to work with key members of the Senior Management Team to provide vision, leadership, technical competence and knowledge required to keep abreast of key economic risks.
Specifically, as a Senior Economist/Chief Economist you will provide intellectual leadership relating to all aspects of economics within Oldendorff.
· Identify global trade and macroeconomics risks and develop indicators in monitoring these risks;
· Identify currency and interest rate risks;
· Work with the Commodity Analysts to identify and monitor the economics development in major commodity consuming countries;
· Collaborating with key external partners to develop and maintain an economic modelling internally;
· Lead work on any economics research, both in your own capacity and as contributor to work across the company;
· Ideally an advanced degree in Economics from a reputable University;
· Sound experience of at least 8 years as Economist, preferably in the commodity or shipping industry;
· Expert understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methods, especially econometrics and operations research;
· Ability and experience to interact with seniors management;
· Strong understanding of Emerging Economics especially China and India;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Ability to speak Chinese is an added advantage;
Please submit your application using the form below or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Oldendorff Carriers
does not accept paper applications for online postings.
Enter your details in the form below to apply for this position.
Please note that all fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.